Lesson Plans for Secondary School Educators
Unit Four: One Ring to Rule Them All
1. Who advised Frodo not to "meddle in the affairs of wizards"?
(Answer: Gildor the Elf, page 82)
2. What hobbit clan lived near the Old Forest?
(Answer: the Brandybucks, page 96)
3. What is the name of the River-daughter, wife of Tom Bombadil?
(Answer: Goldberry, page 121)
4. Who is the subject of this line from Gandalf's message: "Not all those who wander are lost"?
(Answer: Strider, also called Aragorn, page 167)
5. Who defied the Black Riders by invoking "Elbereth and Lúthien the Fair"?
(Answer: Frodo, page 209)
Unit Four Content
Comments for Teachers