Lesson Plans for Secondary School Educators
Unit Nine: "The Quest Is Achieved"
1. Name something that Sam threw into "one of the many gaping fissures that scored the land" of Mordor.
(Answers: Frodo's orc gear shield, helmet, cloak and his own pans, pages 91617)
2. What lay did the minstrel sing on the Field of Cormallen?
(Answer: "Frodo of the Nine Fingers and the Ring of Doom," page 933)
3. To whom did Éowyn give an ancient horn from the hoard of Scatha the Worm?
(Answer: Merry, page 956)
4. Gandalf left the hobbits' company before they reached the Shire because he wanted to have a long talk with someone. Who was it?
(Answer: Tom Bombadil, page 974)
5. Who did not approve of "ironmongery, whether it wears well or no"?
(Answer: Gaffer Gamgee, Sam's father, page 991)
6. At the Grey Havens, who was seen to be wearing the elven ring "Vilya, mightiest of the Three"?
(Answer: Elrond, page 1005)
Unit Nine Content
Comments for Teachers