Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: HARD TO TALK ABOUT
Replies: 4   Pages: 1   Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 1:55 PM by: Molly

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 4
kiah

HARD TO TALK ABOUT
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 12:44 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I dont post much lately. I havent been talking much at all lately. I have spoken before about my son who is ill and has doctor prescribed medications that he is not given during his many stay in the county jail for probation violations. His violations have been curfew and being around another person on probation. He was in jail for 10 days late december and first part of January. When he came home on the 15th, he started back on his medications. On the 16th, he stopped breathing while playing his x box.He was blue. His friend called me and I ran out to the guest house and gave him CPR. The paremedics came, he pulled through at the hospital. The ER doctors monitored him for a few hours and they said it was a bad reaction to restarting the meds after being off for 10 days. I am still numb, I need ....?

Message was edited by: kiah

cindykay

Re: HARD TO TALK ABOUT
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 11:37 AM

Kiah, I cannot image what you went through. Our system needs a huge overhaul as it relates to incarcerations, reasons for incarcerations and administering meds. I pray your son moves forward and has no further life threatening events. You have been in an upward battle and a struggle against policies which we have little say about. Stay strong.

waterdance

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 9:56 PM

Hello Kiah, My thoughts are with you. I hope your son comes out of this alright. Please keep writing to us and letting us know how everything is. Take care of yourself, Hugs to you, Deb

lori-in-irvine

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 1:46 PM

The endless worry has worn you out, I understand how you feel, been at the brink of sanity and endurance many times. Take some time off from worry, shut your thoughts off for a while even if only briefly, find any kind of pleasure or distractions that might shift your attention away from your son, seek support on the forums, a little relief is a gift. Tomorrow may be a better day.

Molly

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 1:55 PM

Horrifying that prescription medication is withheld in jail. THIS HAS TO CHANGE. How is your son now, Kiah? And how are you? Numbness is perfectly understandable.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.