Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: the only hope i have.
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 29, 2010 5:37 PM by: Carrie

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
fight4it

the only hope i have.
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 9:22 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

my heart goes out to all of you. and my deepest prayers. i cant even imagine how all of the mothers and fathers on this site posting their stories and heartache about their children must even feel. My boyfriend and best friend passed away of a drug overdose 3 years ago. he struggled with addiction for a very very long time and while he was not my child and im sure the pain does not even compare to that, it was the most painful thing that has ever happened to me. when i read beautiful boy i took some comfort in it because he talks about so many feelings that i have had. And so many feelings that i have or had that was just so hard to even admit to myself that i was feeling. Drugs took my boyfriends life way before they physically killed him. and while i still, 3 years later, constantly struggle with a wide array of emotions (anger, sadness and extreme guilt) i just try my very best to remember the good. and i try my best to tell myself that brad had a disease. a horrible disease that tortured him more then it did me. and i just hope and try to tell myself that now he is at peace. he is in a better place where he is free from that burden. or at least i hope so. i hope that those of you who have lost a child, brother, sister, family member, can have the strength in you to know that its not your fault. and that they are in a better place.

Carrie

Re: the only hope i have.
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 5:37 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I am sorry for your loss. He is in a better place. I hope that you are okay and that you are going forward and coping. Take care.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.