Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Here we go - again....
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 1, 2010 8:07 PM by: lilypad

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 3
lilypad

Here we go - again....
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 8:16 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

So Chris found out from the referee who oversees his courtroom that I "told" on him. (I let his PO know that he never came home Friday night and left the house when grounded last weekend when we were out of town.) Today he was supposed to start in a new group for relapse prevention. I haven't seen him since I dropped him off at school this morning. He isn't answering his phone or text messages. I am trying to distract myself because my mind is going to places that I just can't deal with. Last night he came home from work with bright red eyes "allergies", "a bad cold"? I am starting to assume the worst. There are 2 main reasons for avoiding going to group - #1 Fear of getting locked up for staying out all night #2 Fear of a positive drug test.

Carrie

Re: Here we go - again....
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 8:37 AM

I don't know if this will help but when I'm distracted and my mind is racing, I put a head set on and listen to talk radio or an audio book. There really isn't anything you can do at this point in time, you just have to wait for the other shoe to fall. You are in my thoughts.

cindykay

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:55 AM

Lilypad, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your son. We hope for the best and expect the worst. Always remember that relapse is part of recovery should this be the case. My daughter had four relapses after making a serious attempt at recovery. Each spin as I refer to them, was less and less intensity to where the last time was one day, one time. Next week she will have 16 months. It is not an easy thing for an addict and worse for those who love them. You did the right thing by turning him in. It is all a process and no easy answers to any of it.

lilypad

Posted: May 1, 2010 8:07 PM

Well -Chris called me about 9:30 at night and said he was on his way home. Told me that he needed some space because of all "the arguing" at home. I asked "what arguing?". He backtracked a bit at that point and said "Well, there is a lot of tension." Ha - to this I whole-heartedly agreed! Of course HE is the cause of all the tension! He did come home. He continues to avoid my husband and I and disregard household rules. His PO wants him to come down on Monday - I have a feeling that he will take off instead. So - kind of on pins and needles this weekend. This is where "one day at a time" really comes in handy!

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.