Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: our story -5
Replies: 0   Pages: 1  

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 0
peg

our story -5
Posted: May 3, 2010 10:53 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

what people feel on the INSIDE can be quite different from what we THINK they should be feeling..based on what's going on on the OUTSIDE.

I know that my insides don't always match what's going on in my external world.

I sometimes feel anxious or even depressed for no apparent reason...even when life is going great.

so...he suffers.
whether (anyone else thinks) he has a reason to suffer or not.

and really...we ALL have reasons.
we suffer.
it is part of being human.

I know that there's a hole in him that he, as of yet, has been unable to fill.

I know TONS about addiction....and I know he is right there...right on the edge....
and I know the downward spiral...and the depths to which addiction can take us...
and still, I cannot save him.

I am so grateful for my own experience in addiction (I never thought I'd be able to say that...it has brought me so much pain)...

if I'd not been through what I have, my son would not be in treatment right now.... I would not have known.

I know he's in a great facility and I know that he's getting help...
I know that he has a chance...and I do have hope.
lots of hope.

but I also know about that hole that is so difficult to fill...and so far... drugs are the only way that he's come even close to filling it.

I fear for him....
and I wonder what I could have done differently...
and I suffer.

and I pray.... I denied the existence of God for many years...but now, I pray...a LOT.

I know I am doing all of the right things...and still...I wonder what more I can do.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.