Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Also new
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 26, 2010 9:12 AM by: peg

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
mixnroll

Also new
Posted: May 25, 2010 10:38 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hi, I have tried to put my story on here without success. It might be too long. Anyway short version is I have an 18 year old son who clearly has a drug problem. It is mostly pot right now but he has tried a lot of other stuff including OTC meds. Last October he overdosed twice, once on tendril and once on mucinex. He spent his 18th birthday in the ER. When he was 15 we sent him to a wilderness program and then a therapeutic boarding school for a year. He looked and seemed great after that. He was sober and doing well. Had a wonderful girlfriend for a year. He seems to have thrown all that away and now there is a real question of him graduating high school this year. Drugs are back in big way. We rare worried but also at a different place ourselves. We know the best thing we can do is not enable him. I am very very glad to have found this forum. Oh and mixnroll is a play on my real life name and not intended as any kind of drug reference!!!

mixnroll

Re: Also new
Posted: May 26, 2010 7:02 AM

Just reread my post....That was supposed to be benedryl not tendril. We found out too much benedryl makes you psychotic, really scary stuff. I think that was scary to him too.

peg

Re: Also new
Posted: May 26, 2010 9:12 AM

I responded on another thread...

post a portion of your story then reply to it to post the rest... there's a limit to the length of any given post

welcome

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.