Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Just saw my wayward daughter after 8 months
Replies: 8   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 15, 2010 3:58 AM by: waterdance

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 8
Fatima

Just saw my wayward daughter after 8 months
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 10:07 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

God answered my prayer and I finally got to see my Diana after 8+months. She met me at the urgent care in our area. complaining of a UT infection. We spent most of the day together. I gave her a big hug! She looks worse, has lost more weight. I spoke to the doctor explaining her drug use and how high her pulse was (127) he pretty much said he couldn't do anything about her drug use unless she allowed him to. My daughter had money in her purse, she's using prepaid cards and continues to live in motels. I tried to get her to come and stay with us for 1 night, but she refused. I called her 23 year old cousin whom she used to adore to meet us. When I wasn't around, my daughter shared with her that now she's shooting meth! We're devested by this, sad and worried for her. She wouldn't stay with her cousin either and had us drive her to a motel. I held it together pretty well, didn't nag or cry or. I found out the woman she's been staying with(age 46) is in jail hoping to be released in 2 weeks. She's been using my daughter for money and allowing her to use. This woman has been charged with stolen car and possession of substance, she was with my daughter when the arrest happened but my girl was released and has court on the 19th. My daughter claims to have a lawyer!! with what money?? So I don't know if I should go and/or who to speak with to see if the court can get her to attend rehab..I have a feeling they might drop her charges, since she doesn't have any priors. What to do?

Ann

Re: Just saw my wayward daughter after 8 months
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 11:51 PM

Fatima, my heart hurts for you tonight. I know that feeling all too well. I don't know your daughters age but I think parents can go before the judge and have rehab court ordered if they are under a certain age?
I have done it all and I am sad to say that none of it worked. Seems like they either decide to get help or continue to use. Meth is extremely hard to get off of I have heard.
I'm praying for you tonight.
Love,
Ann

Fatima

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 12:34 AM

Thank you Ann. My daughter is 19. I feel so helpless, I don't know what to do.

Ann

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 11:12 AM

Fatima, it may be worth a try to get her admitted against her will. It could possibly save her life. I just don't know much about it since my son is older.
The only thing I know without a doubt, is that if you are not careful you will go down with them.
Please take care of yourself because when it comes to addiction there are no easy answers.
You're in my prayers,
Ann

waterdance

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 2:33 PM

Hello Fatima, You are on my mine today. Reading your post makes me cry. I've been there. Am still there.If she does some time the time away from meth will save her life for awhile and just maybe she will have a different mind set and decide to give drugs up.

I don't know what you should say to her. I know only too well how much you want to see her and keep contact. And how well I know how you don't want to say anything to keep her from contacting you and seeing you. If she knows you want to have her put in jail, rehab etc. she may cut off all ties. She's young...all can turn around for her.The problem is that only she can decide this. It has taken me years to learn this and I lived in absoltely denial year in and year out. My kids were bingers. In fact my son had been off meth for three months when he did the last shoot up that killed him. (Same thing happened to Jerry Garcia). Looking back now I sometimes wish he had been locked up for awhile. But then maybe it would have made no difference. Do they have a drug program in the prisons where you live? More in next post...

waterdance

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 2:49 PM

I think at times that I should have said more. I said a lot as it was. Everyone that knew John said it wouldn't have made any difference. Do you have an address on your daughter? Send books on the dangers of meth. She won't like it but send them anyway. I have sent books to my youngest daughter and her kids have read them. And I will keep sending them. Who knows what helps? When my kids started using drugs I thought it was a phase. How uneducated I was? Still somewhat uneducated but learning more everyday. Fatima, you are in my heart. Hugs, Deb..P S Please keep writing on the forum and letting us know how you are.

Fatima

Posted: Aug 11, 2010 7:48 PM

Hi Deb, thank you so much for your input and much needed support. My daughter knows the dangers of meth but doesn't care, is in denial of what can happen. Today I called the San Bernardino Court and verified that she has her arraignment on the 19th for felony drug possession. I plan to be there. I am hoping to speak to her PD in court or find a way to get a letter to the judge. Yes, she'll hate me for it, but I need to do whatever is necessary to save her life, if it means spending time in jail so be it. Her mindset is so wrong. From an early age she glorified sex and doesn't feel any remorse for her past and present actions. I just pray for God's mercy on her life.

mayabee

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 8:21 AM

So glad that you got to see your daughter but sorry that she is doing so badly. Hope that you are able to get in touch with judge or PD. I know that this is heart-breaking.

waterdance

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 3:58 AM

Good Morning Fatima, I'm still up....sleepless nights happen. Reading over your post about your daughter not caring what meth is doing to her body. My daughter Stella is also aware and still continues to use. I feel like I will get a phone call any day now. I talk to jamie in las vegas. She and boyfriend brian did quit after using meth 15 years...they quit cold turkey. Both of them worked for my son John and he taught them their professions. They have done so well..have house paid off...car too.. BUT now jamie has hepatitis C and maybe Brian has it too (hasn't been tested..no insurance). Jamie taken to hospital last week...kidneys fuctioning only 13 per cent...now only 30 per cent....liver shot. Fatima, if you can get your daughter locked up by all means do it. She's not going to like you but no matter. Please don't think about that.Just maybe she may realize what is happening to her body and life. Don't you feel like locking her up yourself in your house. I have always felt like locking my daughter up. Of course that's against the law. Do what you can. Thinking of you. Let us know what happens. Heartfelt hugs, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.