Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Update
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 24, 2010 6:41 PM by: JLP2

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
Fatima

Update
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 4:53 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My daughter (19) missed her arraignment last week so now she has a bench warrant. Apparently she still doesn't know that she's a co-defendant in another case and facing 2 felony charges. I that she either surrenders to the police or is found, I rather see her in jail than in the streets. My alcoholic son walked out of his program but changed his mind within hours after calling family members who said "NO", so he returned. We went to see him Sunday. He looks so much better, healthy and without any meds. He says he wants to continue on to phase 2 which is sober living. This place is very structured, which is not what he is used to. I had a heart to heart talk with him and told him among many things not to have a "chicken shit" mentality, sorry but that's what came to my mind (a 70's thing.) Sadly, my oldest daughter, the child with the degree, a great job and the mother of my 3 grandkids is considering leaving her husband because she doesn't' feel love anymore for him. He is a great guy and father... So I've had some pretty rough days of just feeling again miserable and confused with so much pain and disappointment. It just seems that this roller coaster ride is never ending. Like the song says, "I'm still standing.." even though the storms have been terrible God sustains me with many blessings. I'm trying to remain positive and beginning to define myself not just as the mother of my troubled kids but as someone who deserves peace, serenity and a life of my own.

JLP2

Re: Update
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 6:41 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Amen to everything you said, it still hurts though doesn't it? Last weekend we went to Duluth and watched the ships come in, walked the shoreline, toured the Glensheen Mansion, ate on a deck overlooking Lake Superior and it was like Heaven. Take some time just for you, you deserve it. Julie

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.