Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: From the High Desert December 24, 2010
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 25, 2010 2:02 PM by: Fatima

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
waterdance

From the High Desert December 24, 2010
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 12:00 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All, I've read the posts of great stress in the past week. I've been there. As most of you know I lost a son to drugs in 2005 and have a daughter on meth not seeing me and talking to me rarely on the phone.

I sent a package to younger daughter with a wreath I made of the greens from this property. Added books for all and threw in a few other things, like play dough for the great grandson.

I have gone through hell over the devil addictions. Chuck and I have spent a fortune with "help outs" to addicts on my side and his side. We are done. No more free housing, food, money, favours. Yesterday we get a call telling us that Chuck's sister's live in boyfried died of alcohol poison, age 42. Another one died age 38 of the same thing. Then we send 200 to help with the wake. We will send no money. Mailed a card that said "Deepest Sympathy".

Sounds hard, selfish I know. Our goal is to once again become healthy financally and healthy emotionally. Otherwise we were going down the drain with the rest of them.

After almost dying in 2009 from stress I realize I wanted more for my life, much more. I studied spirituial healing, right brain thinking, timeshifting. Life is becoming richer by the day in spite of losing my two kids. Of course my life has always been rich, more than I realized.

We keep Christmas simple, Chuck and I don't exchange presents, we send out fancy cards, I put a big wreath of greens, red ribbons, tiny lighs on the door. We will have a dinner with my mentally ill brother and our 5 animals. It will be Christmas. I'll make it a good one.

What am I saying? Think of what you have this year, not about what don't have. Wishing, hoping, worrying, even praying won't change an addict. Most will come out of their addictions and you will have nothing to do with their choice.

You must find your lives again. No one can give you happiness. That does come from inside.

Have a Merry Christmas. A happy Holiday! Love and heartfelt hugs, Deb

Winnie

Re: From the High Desert December 24, 2010
Posted: Dec 24, 2010 3:14 PM

wishing everyone a joyous holiday season

Fatima

Re: From the High Desert December 24, 2010
Posted: Dec 25, 2010 2:02 PM

Thank You Deb. I always look forward to reading your post. Your wise advice has been of so much help. Merry Christmas to you and all in this blog. May we continue to work on ourselves by embracing life and finding joy in the midst of our trials. May the good Lord protect our children and bring them to recovery.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.