Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: audio book beautiful boy
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jun 23, 2011 5:52 PM by: Winnie

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
jeanloch

audio book beautiful boy
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 12:14 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

i am a clinical social worker who has worked in the field of mental health and substance abuse for over 30 yrs. A few weeks ago i was facing a long drive and decided to buy an audio book and just happend to buy this book. I have not stopped talking about it to all of my friends and colleagues. I have learnt so much that will help me in my professional and personal life that i can share and now want to buy the book for every parent that is struggling with a child who has an addiction problem. I feel there are many valuable tips which make so much sense!! Thanks so much....

Winnie

Re: audio book beautiful boy
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 5:52 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My son who is a recovering addict was given the book to read by his therapist while in treatment, after he finished reading it he asked to have privileges to call home to apologize to us for all the heartache. My husband and i then read the book written by his son to understand what our son was going thru, that also helped us.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.