Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: From the High Desert April 4 20010
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 5, 2010 9:08 AM by: cindykay

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2
waterdance

From the High Desert April 4 20010
Posted: Apr 4, 2010 7:08 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello Everyone. Happy Easter, Happy Rotten Egg Day. Youngest daughter had birthday on Friday. I sent her birthday letter writing about the great things about her and some of the things she didn't know about her childhood, also photographs. She was born on Easter so today is special for her.
Husband Chuck at work so no brunch but that's alright. It's been a strange week. First I hear about my daughter's award being bought......Then last night I'm clicking things in and I discover my grandad's old farm for sale in Maryland at Nan's Cove....loved the pictures in color. I'm writing a memoir about that place and time. Called my Aunt who is 84 and Uncle who is 90. Both sounded well. Need to finish the memoir stories. I'm the oldest grandchild so I remember my grandparents and the wonderful experiences. My sister remembers just a little. Called her too. My 13 first cousins never knew our grandfather, one of the finest men who ever lived. Will call real estate lady tomorrow to see if she has more pictures. Best wishes, Deb

tc

Re: From the High Desert April 4 20010
Posted: Apr 4, 2010 9:36 PM

Happy Easter. The farm sounds really cool. I grew up on a farm in Oklahoma. Spent the day working in our yard and playing with the Dogs. It was a good day.

cindykay

Re: From the High Desert April 4 20010
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 9:08 AM

Deb, sounds like a wonderful walk down memory lane. I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Ours was just like the movie, lamb on the outside spit and the young group of kids getting grossed out about the eyeball. Just like the movie, yes, our Easter also.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.