Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: A Must Watch Movie
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 16, 2010 12:08 AM by: tam101

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2
cindykay

A Must Watch Movie
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 11:58 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Lois Wilson Story
Thought you all might be interested in this movie of Lois Wilson:

The Lois Wilson Story, Hazelden's artfully written biography of the co-founder of Al-Anon, is now a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie starring Winona Ryder and Barry Pepper.

Tune in to CBS on April 25 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT to watch When Love Is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story, a beautifully produced movie that explores the life and times of Lois Wilson, the spirited co-creator of Al-Anon and wife of Alcoholics Anonymous co-founder Bill Wilson. Acclaimed writer and filmmaker William G. Borchert, who interviewed Lois in creating a realistic portrait of this incredible woman, authored both the book and screenplay.

The new special movie edition of the book The Lois Wilson Story: When Love is Not Enough is now available, just in time to get swept up in the written story while catching it on screen. Watch a clip When Love is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story on You Tube.

This intimate account reveals how the couple rose from a life of despair to institute one of the twentieth century's most important social movements, and how Lois created a legacy of hope for millions of families devastated by addiction through her uncommon love and unshakable faith.

Join us in celebrating this special cinematic event!

Fatima

Re: A Must Watch Movie
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 10:52 AM

thank you Cindykay. I will watch this movie and plan to read the book, too.

tam101

Re: A Must Watch Movie
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 12:08 AM

I love this movie - when Lois said that her prayers were like ashes in her mouth, I knew exactly what she meant. I am SO grateful for Lois and Bill W. They have offered us hope with the programs they built. Friends who have studied her life said that the movie only scratched the surface of what she went through - just knowing that we understand each other's pain is amazing.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.