Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Danger
Replies: 0   Pages: 1  

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 0
kiah

Danger
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 12:27 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

What a week! This week my son came up with a fever and a painful boil or abscess on his arm. It got so bad, he went to the emergency room. He ended up staying in the hospital 5 days now. He can not get pain free. He does have a high tolerance to med's. I wonder if this stems from being an addict? He always had to take more of any medication to get relief though. I know he will be on more pain med's for a while for this. Of coarse I am worried sick about more addiction. But then, because of his muscular dystrophy, it will always be an issue... I am told. Why is this so hard? Both he and I have spent years dealing with addiction and working to get over it and past it. And now it seems like we have no way out. He ..nor I can live with the pain , anxiety, and frustration. We have a formal release date for our book . " Not all prisons have bars". It is Sept 1, 2010 It can be preordered now if anybody is interested.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.