Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Still Around ...checking in
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 12, 2010 11:20 PM by: lilypad

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
cindykay

Still Around ...checking in
Posted: May 12, 2010 8:36 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I have not been active the past couple of weeks as my father had a severe stroke May 2. It has affected the right side, but fortunately his memory has not been damaged and his speech is returning. He is at a rehab for the next 5-6 weeks and hopefully will walk out the doors. The next 6 months will be another journey but one he has the stamina and willpower to endure. Ironically, my addict daughter has been my strength calling and checking up on me. She is doing so well and celebrated 16 months clean on the 7th. It is true, you put on that suit of armor and head back out for yet another battle. I am the oldest and only daughter (3 brothers) and learned how to be strong and take it one day at a time for years now. I am keeping up with all of you and you remain in my thoughts and prayers through all your struggles. Welcome to all the newcomers, Lilypad, stay strong and remember that relapse is part of recovery. Fatima, I am so glad you heard from your daughter. Deb, watch the doors. I also got caught in the doors at the hospital this past week. Walked into the glass trying to get out of the revolving doors. My brothers just stood laughing. I will continue to check in as time allows. My parents live 2 1/2 hours away and I have been staying with my mom. In addition,my "baby" son graduated from college this past weekend. It has been two weeks of ups and downs. But we endure...that seems such an understatement.

lilypad

Re: Still Around ...checking in
Posted: May 12, 2010 11:20 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

So sorry to hear about your Dad - it sounds like he is making progress in his recovery. I am so thankful that my parents are healthy - I am a nurse so my siblings really look to me when my folks have health related issues. God knows how much we are able to handle - although sometimes I think He overestimates! Thanks for checking in. I have been wondering about Molly - I haven't seen any posts from her lately. It has been an exhausting week but we are getting through it. It is a relief to come home and not wonder where Chris is or be vigilant about locking up keys, wallets and jewelry!

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.