Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: My update
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 5, 2010 1:55 PM by: ginamac

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3
missmymom

My update
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 9:41 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

First I want to thank all of you for sharing what seems to be the hardest times we will ever go through. I appreciate all the advise and honesty given. My son is now clean 56 days. He is still on suboxen and may be for awhile. He is not working, still has no phone or car use. He is doing odd jobs around the house and for his grandfathers. He asked me just yesterday if we noticed a difference in him, he said this time at home has really opened his eyes to alot of things. He apologised for being mad at us and for everthing he has put us through. The most wonderful thing is he finally sees a future for himself, he has decided to go back to school in the fall. This will be the true test, he will be out in the world again. I just hope he remains strong. Could this really be the beginning of something good, I am so affraid to get my hopes up. I will support him. Thanks again to all who listened, I will continue to read your posts and I will pray for all our children. Hopefully more people will open there eyes and realize how this disease needs much more support and understanding and figure out a way to really help our children in recovery. Thanks to all of you for your support.

Fatima

Re: My update
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 12:06 PM

I am so happy for your son and your family. I encourage you to remain hopeful. Every little battle is a success. He's been clean for almost 3 months!!! One never knows when things begin to turn around. Yesterday I met with my pastor and he told me to stop closing my "fist" holding my two addicted children inside. He said "Open your hand and let them go...stop playing God and you'll see how things will begin to turn around allowing God to pour His blessings."

missmymom

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 7:09 AM

Thank you Fatima, I will try to believe and stay hopeful and support him. But I will not become an enabler again. This I learned from reading all the posts, this seems to be the biggest regret, I hope I can be as strong as some of you if it ever comes to that.
With everything you have going on in your life it is very comforting to read your reply.Thank you for taking the time and listening and supporting me. I hope your son and daughter find there way soon. Everyone needs some peace in thier life.

ginamac

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 1:55 PM

First of all THAT'S GREAT NEWS he's been clean that long and is making positive future plans! Baby steps, and it sounds like he's on the right path for sure.

Fatima: I love what your pastor said, I will keep repeating that to myself as well as I watch my 19 yr old travel down the heroin path again, and I start my new life away from him. I'm affixing my own oxygen mask before I help anyone else with theirs, just like they said on the plane last week.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.