Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: From the High Desert July 3 2010
Replies: 7   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 7:52 AM by: mixnroll

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 7
waterdance

From the High Desert July 3 2010
Posted: Jul 3, 2010 1:10 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All, It's been awhile since I've written. My long time friend Julie died on the June the 19th. Her youngest son Tim out of prison for 2 months. He of course sounds still like a druggie. He's on parole for 2 years. Tells me he HATES drugs and couldn't stand it that they gave his Mom morphine while she was in hospice!!!! Julie died from ovarian cancer...age 81. Tim was to keep contact with me (wants another mother) but I'm not interested at all. There's a few in my own family that I no longer want to mother. Julie and I talked a lot about how we were wrong in being such enablelers and how we should have known more. She too thought her kids would come out of it.Her daughter is still wandering around Vegas on meth living where she can. Julie and I were friends for over 34 years...had lots of fun times in spite of out kids. Love, Deb

missmymom

Re: From the High Desert July 3 2010
Posted: Jul 4, 2010 6:56 AM

So Sorry for your loss. Was nice that you got to see her and spend time with her before she passed. Cancer is another disease that must be stopped.I lost my mom to cancer, she was only 63 years old. Not a day goes by that I wonder if my life and my childrens life would have been different, she was the rock of the family, my kids adored her.
Stay strong and know your kids are in his hands now. I pray they find there way.

JLP2

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 8:42 AM

So sorry for the loss of your friend Julie. A 34 year friendship leaves lots of memories to reflect on and give you joy. Take care. Julie

Carrie

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 12:50 PM

How wonderful to have had a friendship and friend for as long as you had Julie. Although I'm sure it was/is difficult for you both, you traveled down this ugly road (addiction) with a companion that understood; I'm sure you were great support for each other. I am glad that you found fun in spite of you kids. We all deserve it. I am sorry for your loss.

Fatima

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 9:45 PM

Hi Deb, I too lost my childhood friend Norma, not too long ago. She spent her entire life taking care of her family. Her last years were horrible in the hands of her elderly mom who psychologically abused her. Norma was full of life inspite of her situation. So sad she died at age 56. I pray you find comfort with the beautiful memories you shared with your friend.

ginamac

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 1:51 PM

Hi Deb, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. ((HUGS))

waterdance

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 12:03 AM

Hello All,Thank you so much for all the kind words. I will miss Julie greatly. She was a one-of-a-kind person...so funny, so smart and kind. She and I both thought we gave our drugged-out kids too much of ourselves. We knew so little about it all and thought that just doing one more thing would turn the tide. She had 4 kids, one a successful lawyer....the other 3 on drugs on and off. Sometimes the 3 would be living in her house ...all not working!! One is now dying from hepititis C. The daughter ends up in the hospital from time to time with stomach problems (from using meth). I don't want to stay in contact with them. Got my own I'm trying to detach from.Love, Deb

mixnroll

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 7:52 AM

Deb, I am sorry for your loss too, it is so hard to lose those we love, keep her close in your heart.

And you are absolutely under no obligation to stay in touch with her kids.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.