Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Had enough, I finally moved out and left my son
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 6, 2010 9:09 PM by: waterdance

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3
ginamac

Had enough, I finally moved out and left my son
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 1:44 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Sounds strange "leaving my son" I know but he wouldn't leave and I finally had the opportunity to move into a beautiful rental home with my boyfriend and make a fresh start so I did it! The previous condo I was renting is paid up through 7/31 and I've told my 19 yr old son he has until then to get out. He uses heroin now, almost died on his birthday a few months ago, I walked in on him the other day again with a lighter, spoon and a syringe and I just about lost it I was so mad, I am done. I believed him when he said after that all he was doing was smoking occasionally. Liar, again. He hasn't had a job for longer than a week, and has nowhere to move to but not my problem. The sad part is he says he wants to get help but then when his P.O. says "jail or rehab" he doesn't make the phone call. Every day I wonder if this is the day I will find him dead. I had to move out and move on with my life. My ex is still "missing" in California, drinking and calls occasionally to say he's on his last day and is dying (from alcohol). He's homeless, jobless, on the streets. My son says "I'm going to California" but he can't legally go since he's on probation in another state. I know I'm rambling, just wanted to vent I guess, I'm so happy now with my new life I can't believe its only been one year (tomorrow) since the ex walked out on us.

waterdance

Re: Had enough, I finally moved out and left my son
Posted: Jul 5, 2010 11:29 PM

Hello ginamac, Hey, how good to hear from you. Missed you. It's good news hearing about you moving out away from your kid. Sounds like you will find your way. Of course there may not be all good days but you will have more than you had. My life still has it's rough moments but I'm better than I was a year ago. Not staring at the walls any more. I'm finding joy here and there in spite of all No, my daughter, Stella has not come off meth. I'm working at no longer being a victim. Please write and let us know how you are. Heartfelt hugs to you Gina...Deb

ginamac

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 8:21 PM

Hi Deb, and thanks for the kind words, you are right I feel better and stronger every day. Of course today I stop by the condo where I let my son stay a few more weeks and the place is TRASHED. Keep in mind its for sale so if the agent comes by and sees it trashed she will tell the owner and I won't get my deposit back. Holes in the wall, a broken door, trash everywhere, the kid sleeping AT 5:30PM. I lost it, yelling screaming made him get out and give me his key. I could barely contain myself. Now I have to repair the place and hope she doesn't see it. He calls me apologizing saying he's hiding out from his PO doesn't want to go to jail or rehab and he will get a job and fix the condo. With what money? I'm done. He is not allowed back in there. I'm gonna have a glass of wine and some chocolate and wait for my sweetie to get home. Thank God for him.

waterdance

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 9:09 PM

Hi Gina,This story....where have I heard it before?? I let my grandaughter M and her husband M use my mom's place for months on end (I had just inherited it and was making the payments)....They were suppose to just pay utilities. They never paid a thing....I paid them, then Stella made a few for a few months. I come and find holes in the walls, bathroom door torn off, box of family photographs left outside in the rain, stopped up toilet etc. etc. Took me a long time but now I've learned not to offer so much and when all gets f***ed up I cut my losses. When they don't thank me for presents to grandkids I now send no more. I am through being a victim. All takes work, lots of work but I feel stronger everyday. Was your son surprised that you took the key?? They can't do it to ya if you don't let them. Let us know how you are. Hugs to ya, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.