Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Just when you think it can't get any worse...
Replies: 10   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 19, 2010 9:08 PM by: Carrie

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 10
Carrie

Just when you think it can't get any worse...
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 6:33 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Just when you think it can't get any worse...I came home from work this evening to find a Writ of Attachment wedged in my side door. My neighbors have put a $50,000 lien/attachment on my property as a result of my beautiful boys actions. I just want to crawl into a hole...what else can possibly happen. He's locked up and I'm still suffering the fallout of his actions.

JLP2

Re: Just when you think it can't get any worse...
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 6:45 PM

Take care Carrie. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

mayabee

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 9:54 PM

So sorry, Carrie. Will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

waterdance

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 10:02 AM

Hello Carrie, You are in my thoughts a lot lately.What caused this lein action? Is it even legal? Is your house homesteaded? Do you go to court to fight this?
In another post you wrote of your life being over. That's not so. Do you have other children? Please write and let us know how you are. Heartfelt hugs this morning. Deb

Fatima

Posted: Jul 15, 2010 11:20 AM

Hi Carrie,

I'm sorry for what you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers. Don't loose hope.

ginamac

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 4:24 PM

Oh Carrie I'm sorry to hear this, I can understand having to face the consequences of others' actions, my son and his friends have all but destroyed the condo I am still renting even though I have moved out I have the condo through 7/31 and he is staying there for now since I refuse to let him move into my new home. They broke doors, put a huge hole in the wall, I am paying people to repair these items and have to go in and clean clean clean in the hope of getting my deposit back. I should kick him out NOW but he has no friends he can live with nowhere to go no job no money no car.

((HUGS)) to you

Carrie

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 9:29 AM

My son broke into and stole from my neighbors twice in about a period of two weeks, the second time he stole guns. They are now suing me for admiting that after the second one I said I felt it was probably was him or one of his cronies. They say I facilitated the break-in by allowing him to live here. I put them in danger. They want a jury trial, they want an inheritance (that I did not get nor did my son, I don't know where they are getting their information) His father died in October 09. They want the inheritance of $100,000-$250,000 that they have plucked out of the air. They want the life insurance payment my son got, they want to attach my property for $50,000 when it's sold. It costs a fortune to fight this. Again, a hole is looking better and better.

missmymom

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 10:06 AM

Can not even begin to imagine the nightmare you are going through. Please try to stay strong, do you have any family to help you through this. I have my sister to whom I vent all the time. Please try and take it one day at a time. Do not let your nieghbors bully you. I wish there was more I could tell you or do, just know we are all here for you to vent if needed.

mixnroll

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 10:09 AM

Is your son over 18? If so then he is an adult and I don't think they can sue you for all this stuff. It is awful that they are adding this kind of stress onto you when of course you are already dealing with all your feelings about your son doing this. Were the guns properly locked up?
Was the property recovered? I think they will have a hard time getting that kind of money from you, even if you have it.

Gosh it bugs me when people try to make a buck off someone elses misery. Sure your sone did wrong, and they were the "victim" of his crime BUT really you as his mother are the one hurt the most by this.

You certainly have my sympathy and understanding.

Carrie

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 9:08 PM

He turned 30 the day before his arrest. And even if they can't sue me it's a boodle to fight it. Guns were totally legal, even the assault weapon! Why do my neighbors need these weapons? I know most if not all property was recovered. They say I shouldn't have let him live here because I knew his history...shit...I'm his mother, why wouldn't I know his history. He's the emotional age of a 17 year old, private placement in school, that is he had to go to a therapeutic school and the town had to pay for it (under what is presently known as "no child left behind act". He's been committed to mental hospitals twice. I don't deny his guilt but I deny mine. My gut is telling me that he won't be alive much longer. I tried my best...and I need to be able to say that.

cindykay

Posted: Jul 18, 2010 5:50 PM

Carrie, just remember it is the darkest before the dawn. My thoughts and prayers to you. Stay strong.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.