Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: I laughed out loud
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 18, 2010 8:08 PM by: Bethsmom

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2
Winnie

I laughed out loud
Posted: Jul 17, 2010 1:18 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Anyone who has been on the website for a while knows i have an extremley insentive (may just stupid) friend. I have not spoken to her since Feb when she made some remarks that were just so mean. My husband and her husband have remained close but i do not want anything to do with her. Yesterday the two husbands get together then that "friend" shows up. They know what is going on with our son (he is medically fine now but it was a week of touch and go after an overdose)She makes this big stink and how upsetting it is - what is she going to do ect... her 23 year old son is smoking cigarettes. Not how awful it must have been for my husband or how is our son. I thought i would share this with everyone - I thought it was funny. I would swap crack for cigarettes any day of the week.

waterdance

Re: I laughed out loud
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 3:04 PM

Hi Winnie, This woman "friend" is insensitive. Our country is blooming with them.Some...a few of my own relatives..in-laws. There are many that are emotinal morons. When my daughter was almost killed by a bullet fired by husband all kinds of strange remarks were made.....Like...she must have done something....was she running around...stuff like that. Yes, smoking cigarettes is mild compared to taking hard core drugs. Maybe, just maybe this woman just doesn't know what to say to you. Try to think of her as being igorant. Thinking of you, Deb

Bethsmom

Re: I laughed out loud
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 8:08 PM

I could understand how some of my daughter's friends backed off when she started using but we had friends that just left us when we had problems with her. It made me feel guilty. Other friends have been very supportive and allow us to vent.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.