Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Reposting for lauren
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 22, 2010 5:44 AM by: lauren

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1
waterdance

Reposting for lauren
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 2:26 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Good Morming lauren, Good Morning All,Lauren, Where does your daughter plan on working, what city is she moving to? Cost of living is still sky high there. Is she still using. Is it meth? In some areas hundreds of families are living in tents. Is she living home right now? The entire nation is having a money crisis. Of course drug dealers are still doing well.

My grandaughter M and no-good grand-son-law M moved all the time...everyplace "sucked"....Everyplace caused their excessive drug use they claimed. They lived all over: Phil. Trenten.,Las Vegas, Hawthorne, Nevada,Prescott, Az. Humboldt, Az. Now they are both in Phoenix, still using. Still living off of who they can: still stealing, still conning etc.. The main thing is to get the drug of choice and cigarettes for the day and avoiding the law. Oh, I forgot, they followed The Grateful Dead for 3 years. Just another long drug story.

Another point.....Most jobs in the west drug test, many use the hair test.

I'll be thinking of you lauren. It seems your daughter is hell-bent on screwing her life up no matter what help is offered. I think she will be back home sooner than you imagine. Hugs to you , Deb

lauren

Re: Reposting for lauren
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 5:44 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Thanks Waterdance,
From reading these posts,I can see you've been through your own hell...Since my daughter ran away, about 18 months ago, I have watched her decline, albeit from a distance. She lives across town now but L.A.-where she plans to go- is about 2,000 miles away. Needless to say, I am really STRESSING!
She is so young (19) and so clueless- and like you said, 'hell-bent on screwing up her life'. There is nothing I can do- she severely limits any contact with me. I haven't given her a dime since she left because I refuse to fund her crazy lifestyle. I have only offered her therapy sessions (she only went a short time) and I said I can give her '3 hots & a cot' if she seeks recovery-
and a car to get to school and work. Sadly, she is so lost now that she doesn't think she has a problem (or more precisely, she thinks EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY is her problem- everything, that is, except her drug and alcohol use!) This whole mess is just so painful and I wonder what it will take for her to have some clarity and finally want to get some help for herself.
I think I speak for all the parents here when I say that I REALLY miss the SOBER (loving, joyous, free-spirited)
child she used to be!
Thanks again Deb- I could really use a hug!

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.