Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: My addiction
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 11:06 PM by: Ann

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 1
kck2005

My addiction
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 7:59 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My name is kasey and I was addicted to oxycontin for four years. I first started using oxy when I was 18 working in the oilfields of Wyoming, I had never tried oxy before but my girlfriend at the time was becoming a daily user. She got me to try it one night after work and my first experience was not good I through up for hours after using just a little bit. I did not think I would use it again but she insisted so I tried it again, and from there on I was in love. I began using 2-3 times a week when I would get off work. This went on for the next couple months. As my addiction grew I ended up getting layed off from my oilfield job and started working as a roofer getting paid under the table.I began using daily and spending all my money on my drug. I continued the cycle of addiction for around a year when I was caught writing a check out of my dads back account. I had addmited my problem to my parents and they gave me the option to go to Rehab or jail. I had talked them into letting me move to Salt Lake city and do a out patient program. I got on suboxone and was clean for about four months when I was introduced into herion. I used herion for about 2 months straight every day. One day me and my girlfriend woke up and had a talk about moving back to Wyoming because we knew we were getting our selves into another bad life cycle by doing herion. So we moved back to Wyoming and were clean for another couple months before we started using oxy again. Now after living in Salt lake were all the oxy was coming from I started making weekly trips and buying 30-40 80mg tabs and taking them home and selling them to support my own habit. Months went by of doing this when before I knew it I was making daily trips some times even twice a day and now getting hundreds at a time. It is about a 3 hour drive so driving,using,and selling all my life consisted of for the next year. My partner who I was dealing with ended up getting busted and charged with a felony. At this time with me selling I was now using 4-5 80's aday by using the needle. I ended up getting caught and charged with misdemeanor possession. This is when I went to Inpatient rehab for my first time. In my heart I wanted to stop but in my mind I still wanted to use. I lasted 72 days when I was kicked out for getting caught drinking. I ended up back in jail and for the next 2 weeks before my mother bailed me out. I ended up getting to try the drug court program. I had been in the program for 2 weeks when I relapsed. I have now been in for 2 months and have relapsed one more time. they are sending me back to Rehab now just waiting for a bed to open..

Ann

Re: My addiction
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 11:06 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hi Kasey, I sure am glad you came here. Even though you relapsed just keep getting help. Relapse is common, so please don't give up, ever!

Come here and vent, read and share. Everyone here knows the stronghold of addiction and we are all pulling for you!

Hugs to you,
Ann

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.