Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: another round
Replies: 5   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 5:10 PM by: Bethsmom

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 5
Bethsmom

another round
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 12:34 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My daughter is back in Rehab again after using whaterver to get high on. She was psychotic and paranoid going in, hearing voices. It was hard to deal with her until we got her in. Don't know how much more I can take. My health problems have been overwheming. But I thank God she is in a place where she is getting help.

waterdance

Re: another round
Posted: Aug 14, 2010 2:23 PM

Hello Bethsmom, It's good your daughter is in rehab, a step forward maybe. It's all you can hope for today. Has she ever said that she wants to quit drugs? That seems to be the key to someone finally quiting. All that you hope for her means nothing until she wants a sober life for herself. I've been through this over and over. Had grandaughter M and her husband M in methadone clinic in 1995 (It's not cheap).They are both alive today but still using. Daughter Stella and husband K had to clean out house of all drugs because he had been arrested for dealing. I thought "Good, finally all will get straight and they will find a decent life and their 2 kids will have a Mom and Dad not passed out all day." Today Stella still using (meth) and husband K dead of cancer at age 53. What am I trying to say to you? I'm saying to work on yourself with spiritual healing reading, maybe studying right-brain thinking, timeshifting so that you can once more become strong for yourself and the others who love you. You need your life back. This isn't easy. I nearly had to die twice from stress related ailment (also had small heart attack that healed over some how) I still have rough days, rough moments but much less than I had before. more in next post....

waterdance

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 2:37 PM

Bethsmom, I had to think differently before I started feeling better. I finally had to realize that I couln't change any one else....just myself.Getting your true life back won't be easy. You need to do this, no matter what happens to your daughter.No matter what I did I have never been able to stop an addict from using.Never! That has to come within themselves. She's still young so the outcome could go well. MOST young people quit. True fact. Some older ones do too...they end up with deplorable health. Don't let yourself become a victim of drugs . Stress kills. Hugs and love to you, Deb

Fatima

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 7:28 PM

Hi Deb, as always your words of wisdom are always appreciated. I attended a parent group today-Alanon- and was told the same thing, to take care of myself, I have no control over my kids and to let them go into the hands of God. You'd think that by now I would get this.. but no I keep tormenting myself with negative thinking, catastrophising and spend my waking hours consumed with them. You are so right, it's up to them to decide when to stop. I pray and hope like you said that most do stop. My daughter will be going to court, hopefully the judge will order her to rehab.

Bethsmom

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 5:10 PM

Thanks Deb and Fatima. Knowing someone who is going thru the same problems, and coming to this site helps.

Fatima

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 7:22 PM

Hi Bethmom, I feel for you so much since I am going through terrible pain over my daughter's meth addiction too. I pray your girl remains in rehab and gets well. At least there she's not using. My daughter is out there..has court on the 19th for her arraignment, I am not sure if I'll go since it's about 3 hours from my home.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.