Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: update
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 25, 2010 10:22 PM by: Bethsmom

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
Bethsmom

update
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 8:24 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My daughter is in her 3rd week of rehab,3rd try. She seems to be mentally stable, which wasn't the case when she went in. She is working the 12 steps and tomorrow we have a meeting with our daughter and her counselor to discuss future plans. I am afraid of what will happen when she comes home. I feel it will be difficult to keep her from user friends. She also has a court date for vilating her probation and may face jail time. The peace has been welcome while she is in rehab but I am anxios about her return home. We cannot aford extended care.

raining tears

Re: update
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 6:11 AM

I to have put my 24 year old son in rehab 2 times the last time was in 2009. Then he was on my husband his dad insurance and they paided for him to be in a month. Then one time thing he could live in there half way house on the hospital grounds for 4 month that was the nicest 5 months in a long time. He was good but when he was done his father would not let him come home. So he was on the street once again. I think if he could have come home it would have been better. So one day after 7 months on the streets, the lovely streets of Detroit MI. His dad went and got him, by then he was broken again. And I have been once again trying to fix him...I know what your going thought raining tears janice

Bethsmom

Re: update
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 10:22 PM

We had a meeting today with Beth's couselor. They want her to go to an after care controlled environment after her 30 days. Don't know what it will cost but coming back home would only be putting her back with same friends. I think she should go but my husband is hesitant because of the cost. I hope you can get help for your son and I understand what you are going thru too. Thanks for your sharing.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.