Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: going on 4 years
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 3, 2010 3:10 PM by: Ann

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2
Bethsmom

going on 4 years
Posted: Oct 2, 2010 12:42 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Beth is her 5th rehab facility. Many diagnosed mental problems which are aggrivated by her drug use. This summer she took a $5,000 bond that was to be used for college. She and her friends spent it all on pot, tatoos and bongs. I am afraid she will never be stable enough to make the right decisions for herself. I wonder if there are decent group homes in the Illinois area that have a structurd environment. My husband and i cannot control her at home and when her rehab is up she may revert to her old ways.We have depleted our finances.
There is also legal problems becaus she violated probation.

waterdance

Re: going on 4 years
Posted: Oct 2, 2010 1:05 PM

Hello Bethsmom, I think of you and how all is. Of course I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I've been through all this and then some. Each time I felt all would straighten out but it didn't. Your daughter spending 5,000 on drugs, bongs, etc is not a surprise. My oldest had 63,000 in 2009, received it in Jan and all was gone by July, she was being evicted. Other daughter came and stored her stuff and brought me the animals (4) because I couldn't stand hearing about them going to the pound. My daughter Stella did end up on the streets of Las Vegas with druggie boyfriend and I helped at times (once over a thousand). Chuck and I once more offered help if she would go to VA rehap here. Now I want my husband and I to get our finances healthy. You Bethsmom will do what you can, just as we did out of love. There will come a time when you will have no choice but to let go. She just may decide to save herself and take care of herself. She's still young and may come out of it. Many do. It has to be her ideal to quit drugs. Chuck and I have quit cold giving anything at all to the addicts on both sides of our families. Otherwise we are no longer "suckers". We have a shattered family. The phone doesn't ring often these days and we no longer hear all the drug stories. Yes, I'm heartbroken but I'm starting to see what I still have in my life. It's still rich. Life is short but it is wide. Remember your life and your husband's life count too. Love, Deb

Ann

Re: going on 4 years
Posted: Oct 3, 2010 3:10 PM

Hi Beth'smom,,,I can sense your pain and exhaustion. It never leaves for long does it? They will get it no matter whose money they use. So sad, a life that could be healthy and joyous, and yet drugs are killing so many of our loved ones.
Hugs & prayers to you,
Ann

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.