Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: REport from the High Desert Oct 13,2010
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 14, 2010 7:53 PM by: waterdance

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
waterdance

REport from the High Desert Oct 13,2010
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 9:29 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All, Had great dips of depression this week. Feel like I'm hanging on with a rope over a cliff. In spite of all Chuck and I made it to the County Fair and I enjoyed it. In the past I sort of griped about how the fair wasn't like back east (Maryland).This time I accepted what was and liked all of it. Didn't try to do too much. made sure I saw the photography and the animals. Can't walk as far. On my 12th session tomorrow. I am 80 per cent better. Shopped for baby stuff for Chuck's neice. She had signed up at Target. What a list! Found pink butterfly blanket and found little tennis shoes extra. Cashier said it was the wrong blanket. I said the hell with it. Run it through. I can remember getting very little with my own and was grateful for anything. This whole thing is rediculous. Kids are ungrateful. A list no less.I've added books. Off it goes tomorrow. Thinking of all of you. Love, Deb

Ann

Re: REport from the High Desert Oct 13,2010
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 10:43 AM

Deb, I'm glad you are feeling better from your treatments, but sorry to hear you are having dips of depression. I know how deep those dips can go, I cried for an hour yesterday. Please hang onto the rope or I'll have to use my frequent flyer miles to come there and cheer you up, lol.
Yes, our grown kids today want it all. They have wedding and baby list so long that it's overwhelming and rediculous. I remember being thankful for a nice set of dish towels!
Love to you,
Ann

waterdance

Re: REport from the High Desert Oct 13,2010
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 7:53 PM

Hi Ann,Thank you for the most caring post. Yes, Do come out. Have room. Write to me ....waterdance@cableone.net...I'll write back with my phone number. Went to therapy today, always so sore afterwards but I'm better. Not A 1 but able to get around ok. Chuck went out early and picked one of our sugar baby watermellons. About 20 some gold finches flew from the wild sunflowers. Some sight. Think I'll make a big glass of ice coffee...love the stuff. Brother Storm told me he had very bad news when I picked him up at his doctor's. He said" Dr. R. said I have arthritis of the back and neck". It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. He's 67!!Love you, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.