Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: From the High Desert October 23, 2010
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 25, 2010 11:36 PM by: Ann

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 3
waterdance

From the High Desert October 23, 2010
Posted: Oct 23, 2010 12:33 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello all, Where has everyone been? Felt like I was alone on an island for a few days. We have been having rain for past two days, just a steady pour. It's like gold here. Went to doctor. He ordered stress test. Have had "funny" little pains. Just want to check on things. Heart attack: the number one killer in my family. Chuck and I went into Wal-Mart to buy dry dog food, dry cat food, card paper, toothpaste. Saw table giving flu shots, told the two there I had two insurances but Blue Cross my primary. This guy takes out pad with Blue Cross forms. I reach for it to start filling it out while Chuck is getting the card. The guy, this twerp says "Oh No You can have the slip UNTIL I see the card." Something came over me and I said "Let's forget it". I just don't take any crap these days. I do feel better about not taking bullshit. Anyone else like this now?? I can see by Crigs List that Stella is selling stove, now dish washer.Anyone hear of getting a job? Her pimp ex son-in-law lives there. Won't get off his duff to even apply for food stamps. He has custony of grandaughter, His ace in the hole. Believe me it's a mess. Chuck and I will not help as long as the money is going for drugs. WE have offered to take the grandaughter now almost 14. She really doesn't want to come here away from friends and now I'm not up to it. This is just another drug story. We all have them. Love, Deb

Lori

Re: From the High Desert October 23, 2010
Posted: Oct 23, 2010 2:19 PM

Hi Deb,
I've been off the boards for a while, dealing with my son's legal nightmare. Just wanted to check in and say hi. One of these days my husband and I will get back to our place in AZ and hopefully we can meet. Appreciate the updates from the high desert (wish we were there)

waterdance

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 1:24 PM

Good Morning All, Good Morning Lori, Please call me when you do visit this area. We can go have breakfast, lunch, whatever. I'm feel much better. Still don't do a lot physical but I'm off of pain pills. Have my accident case with lawyer and finally saw new chioraprator. Within 3 sessions I was feeling better. Have my sad moments but do a lot of work bring myself out of them. The property I live on is absolutely outstanding in beauty. Of course you already know Lori having a house here. The weather is so much better than Las Vegas weather and I would never even think of living in Phoenix. I still don't see daughter Stella. She called 6 weeks ago talking about house payments of 308.00 behind. Chuck and I will no longer give money out unless she goes in for treatment. After all we have been through I think now that we should have taken this hard stand way back when. Thinking we had a close family was an illusion on my part. Joy is sharing toast with my puppy Lucy Sue at breakfast. Love, Deb

Ann

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 11:36 PM

Deb, I am so proud of you for not taking any crap from the Walmart guy! Feels good to just say "forget it!", huh? I am pretty sure I just had a "nervous breakdown",,,trying to get back up again.
I tried to email you but it would not go through. I may have the wrong email? Would you mind giving it to me again or emailing me at ann17042@gmail.com
Love to you,
Ann

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.