Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: she is home
Replies: 5   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 11, 2010 5:43 PM by: Fatima

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 5
Bethsmom

she is home
Posted: Nov 9, 2010 12:08 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Beth spent 60 days in 2 rehabs and has been clean so far. The increas in anxiety and psych problems has been hard to deal with. can't give her an inch of trust right now. At the age of 64 I am tired of dealing with the day to day problems of recovery and would like to do things that I enjoyThere are meetings to go to,court dates and psychiatrists appointments

JLP2

Re: she is home
Posted: Nov 9, 2010 12:49 AM

I know, it's exhausting isn't it? Pray for patience and strength every day and take a moment for yourself whenever you can. Our lives haven't been and wont be like everyone else's and we have to work hard at finding joy and peace. Take care, I wish you well. Julie

Carrie

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 8:43 PM

I am 59 and have been going through crap like this, not heroin until lately, for 14 years. My son (age 31) is now locked up in Maximum Security Prison for at least 10 years and he has two charges pending. You know, it's actually a relief and I think it's a relief for him too. I stopped doing the court dates and appointments about 5 years ago. I found it didn't really matter if I went or not; I had zero influence over the situation. I do/did however have a tough time with the prison business. Recently I started taking an antidepressant and I feel so much better. I don't feel like I'm drugged, I just don't feel as miserable and I have ENTIRE DAYS where I don't cry. Maybe you should think about it too. Good Luck. I am starting to enjoy my life a little more.

waterdance

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 10:30 PM

Hello Bethsmom, JLP2, Carrie and All.....There are so many new stories ....it's overwhelming.

No one knows what the outcome will be for our kids. I have one already gone and my oldest is still on meth or whatever. Some days my imagination goes wild and I think the worse and I'm once more in a black funk. I do work at not being there. I have to keep reminding myself of my own life, my husband's and others. I am on anti-depressants....wellbutrin. I can't change what has happened and what is happening....although at one time I thought I could control most everything. Super Mom Me! Well, the cape became tattered and I put it away. I told Chuck today "Remember we must live well. We have taken so much abuse from both sides. Living well is the best revenge".......Am I angry...Damn right I am. I function better being a bit angry. When I walked around here being a whinny self-pitying Bit*h it was horrible. These days I do more for myself...had my hair cut yesterday. I take my camera with me every day. Took a great picture of a sweet-face yellow cow this week. Will have the photo enlarged.There's so much I have left to do. I know I almost died in 2009 from acute stress. I did do an about face and decided to live in spite of all.Love, Deb

Lori

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 2:28 PM

I hear ya, it's just plain exhausting. My son is also home now, is going into a court ordered program in about a month, but having him here since May has been so difficult. He is a financial drain, he eats us out of house and home, is a total slob, wanders the house all night with insomnia waking us up at all hours clanging and banging doing God knows what. I desperately want him out but he is mentally ill and I feel like kicking him out would be cruel so I endure the duress but it's awful.

Fatima

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 5:43 PM

I feel the same way, so exausted! My son is in jail (his 4th time.) We're not posting bail or plan to visit him. We've been through this road many times. Fow now, at least I know where he is since he had been homeless for a few weeks before getting arrested. I'm taking his calls though. We can't bring him home so I do worry about where he'll be going after he's let out. I told him to ask the court to send him to a treatment program. He also needs psychological help. I've also allowed him to have his PD call me. I truly don't want to be involved anymore but he literally has no one else, the whole family is fed up and done with him.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.