Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: At last some good news...
Replies: 5   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 28, 2010 12:16 AM by: waterdance

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 5
Carrie

At last some good news...
Posted: Nov 20, 2010 4:05 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My court case has been dismissed...cost me a lot of money but didn't cost me my house. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted.

mayabee

Re: At last some good news...
Posted: Nov 20, 2010 9:12 PM

What a relief! So glad for you, Carrie.

JLP2

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 12:16 AM

I'm happy for you!

waterdance

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 9:09 PM

Hello Carrie, I'm happy for you too!.....Write and tell us their reason for throwing it out of court?

Now ...About your neighbors. Are you going to have more trouble from them?

Anyway write and let us know how you are and what you are doing. Love Best wishes, Deb

Carrie

Posted: Nov 25, 2010 7:04 AM

We think alike. I don't know if the neighbors are going to do anything else and I'm not really sure what they could do. The case was thrown out because basically it had no merit. They were trying to tell the court that I had an obligation to tell them of my son's history before anything happened, sort of like the sexual offender law that we have in this state; sexual offenders have to register at the PD and a citizen can check the web to see were they are living and I'm not sure but possibly the neighborhood has to be informed. They also said that because of our friendship (!?, no, not friends) I had an obligation to tell them about everything that was going on. Hello...read the paper! They were trying to attach an inheritance that neither of us received and they did attach my house; that attachment is being removed as we speak. My lawyer feels that their lawyer should be sanctioned because she was trying to attach what didn't exist and did not do her due diligence... but this is probably 2nd most liberal state in the nation and sanctions are rarely given. I'm out about $20K to fight a case that had no merit. As for me, I'm doing okay. Going to Thanksgiving at my sig-other's daughter's house. My other son lives out of state (I wonder why?), might go there for Christmas. Hope you are all doing well.

Do you have thoughts on what the neighbors might take as a second tact to get at me?

waterdance

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 12:16 AM

Hello Carrie......Guess I trust so little these days. My neighbor across the road is one evil S O B. Caught him twice going at my dogs...he stopped when he saw me. Reports me for any infraction what so ever...grass & weeds too high...boxes on patio...complained that he didn't like french doors leaning against shed. I wouldn't put anything past him. He's in his 80's. I see him on his riding mower in the hot sun. If he fell off I even wonder if I would dash over!!?? Anyway Carrie, If you can afford it get a camera setup to record what's going on outside. My son had one at his shop in Las Vegas and you could see everything outside and you could see who was at your front door. Don't know how they work but I'm sure you could get someone to set it up for you. Hugs to you, Deb

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.