Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Dear Daivd Sheff;
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 27, 2011 1:51 PM by: lost

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List
Replies: 2
youraddictionx18

Dear Daivd Sheff;
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 6:12 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I've recently just read your book Beautiful Boy, & prior to that I read your son's book Tweak. I was deeply inspired by both books. Personally, I feel like I have no one to turn to, especially my own parents. I've been falling into my own addictions. I've been dealing with depression ever since I can remember. I feel like my only escape resorting to get high. After reading how you dealt with the situation with your son, I'm going to do my best to not deal with my problems that way. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Kristyn55

Re: Dear Daivd Sheff;
Posted: Jan 27, 2011 8:58 AM

Hi! I just really wanted you to know your not alone. Come here if you need someone to talk to. I don't go on here all that often anymore but I do check from time to time and the people here are wonderful. I wanted to reply to you because it felt like I was reading about myself. So yeah I have to go to work so I can't give you the big long story I wanted to but just know there's people out there just like you!

On a side note for Mr. Sheff just wanted to say im very excited to read Nics upcoming book!

Thanks
Kristyn!

lost

Re: Dear Daivd Sheff;
Posted: Jan 27, 2011 1:51 PM

Dear Your Addiction,

One thing I learned during my son's addiction is that there is always someone to turn to. I've found people willing to drop everything to help when they know there is a need. There is probably a rehab in your area that will treat you regardless of lack of insurance and inability to pay. Ours also has transitional living so there is never a need to go hungry and homeless on your own. I urge you to call the 24-hour Crisis Call Center at 1-800-992-5757. Not only will they listen and care, but they have the resources to share to assist you in taking your next step. Please call.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.