Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: checking in / update
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 8, 2011 2:05 PM by: ginamac

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1
ginamac

checking in / update
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 2:04 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Just a quick check in to say hello and give a quick update. My 19 yr old son is on day 54 incarcerated, which honestly I believe has saved his life. He lost another friend to a heroin overdose just 3 weeks ago, this makes 3 friends in 6 months. I struggled with turning him in to his P.O. for weeks and weeks when I knew he was dodging his appts and was taking whatever he could get his hands on. His drug of choice was heroin but he couldn't afford it with no job, so his second choice, pills, is what eventually landed him in jail. He is charged with 2 counts of felony drug possession (valium & xanax) and now they are revoking his probation. He begs me to get him out, I refuse to do so. I have told him I love him and will continue to pay for a phone card so he can call me nightly and he can also call his older brother but we will not get him out. His sentencing is tomorrow, we'll see then what his future holds. (cont'd)

ginamac

Re: checking in / update
Posted: Mar 8, 2011 2:05 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

On a positive note, I got married New Year's Eve! I have moved on with my life, the ex is still in jail in San Diego and he writes to our son very encouraging letters. I have learned I cannot worry about what I cannot control right now and I have to take care of myself or I'm no good to anyone.

Just wanted to say HI to the ones I know (Deb how are you?) and offer support and hugs to those I do not know but are going through similar situations.

I sleep at night now knowing my son is relatively "safe" off the streets, in jail, where he cannot die from drugs. At least for the time being.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.