Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Safe Passage Center
Replies: 4   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 22, 2011 7:30 PM by: davidsheff

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4
heart2heart

Safe Passage Center
Posted: Mar 24, 2011 7:19 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

I have tried to find the facility that Nic was at and have been unsuccessful. Did he change the name of it in his book for privacy reasons or has it possibly closed? If anyone knows how to find it, please let me know.
Thank you.

rantfactory

Re: Safe Passage Center
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 2:52 PM

I will see what I can find, have you had any luck yet? I am willing to bet that Nic chose to change the name of the actual rehab center due to privacy.

davidsheff

Posted: May 11, 2011 12:41 PM

The place was actually in New Mexico. It's called Life Healing Center. Nic was there a number of years ago, so we're not sure if the place has changed, and or if the counselors who helped him are still there, but his time there make a big difference in his life.

dmom

Posted: May 11, 2011 1:59 PM

I have two sons, both addicts. My mother was an addict also. I have lived with addiction my WHOLE life and I am SOOO Very tired! My oldest son has been in rehab five times in the past 15 years. Costing me well over $100K. He is in trouble again. No insurance. I googled AFFORDABLE rehab yesterday and called three places that cost 12K and up. IS THAT Affordable? I have exhusted many and all places to get affordable help. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
He needs long term help.
Half way houses in our area are all full and most do not have good sucess rates.
I can pay but needs to be affordable. Is there any such place? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidsheff

Posted: May 22, 2011 7:30 PM

I can't recommend it because I have no personal experience with it, but people on this forum, and some others Ive heard from, have said that Copac, which is in (I think) Mississippi or somewhere down there is a good program that is free. I believe it's a program that can last several months if it's seems necessary, possibly even longer. You may want to check it out. You also may want to call the advise line at drugfree.org or the national insitute on drug abuse. They may have other suggestions. Good luck.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.