Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: So grateful for this book!
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 13, 2011 4:01 PM by: sashasmom623

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1
sashasmom623

So grateful for this book!
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 3:38 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

My son, ironically, is also named Nick and has similiar personality traits as the author's son. He too was athletic, popular and has a great sene of humor. As you see the author's son start to change in the book, it is like watching my own son. I sit back and say, does this happen to all of them? You feel, when going through this, that your situation is totally unique. It's like you want to scream, but he was smart, I did all the right things, why is this happening? You can feel the love of the author for his son, as we all feel for our children and I so identify with his feelings. The first time I noticed something not right(and it is strange how we can all trace that moment in time) is when my son went away to college, his first year, his first month actually he was arrested for possession of marijuana. That was not, however, what caught my attention. What caught my attention is how disrespectful he was to the cop that arrested him. From that moment on, there were more incidences, more bar fights, more arrests,....I couldn't understand it. He cried like a baby the first time he was arrested. I, too, thought that taught him a lesson. He too began to hide away in his room. I really could have written this book. It is exactly what I went and am going through. The thing that most peaked my interest was his recklessness, not learning from his mistakes. His lack of fear. I knew something wasn't right. The wake up call came after he transferred to another college

sashasmom623

Re: So grateful for this book!
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 4:01 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

sorry, will start again, lost the rest and his wrong button.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.