Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: next step?
Replies: 0   Pages: 1  

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 0
monica.s.

next step?
Posted: Aug 10, 2011 2:15 AM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Last week I lost my beautiful, twenty-year-old boy to heroin. It's been a horrible last couple of days for my family and I. Our world was hard before, constantly worrying and living with an addict in our lives, but it's so much worse without him, I never thought that my son's addiction would come to this. I'm especially worried about my other son, who just turned sixteen, and who also found my older son when he overdosed in his room. My sixteen-year-old has barely said anything since, he seems emotionless and doesn't seem present when I try to talk to him, and I just don't know how to help him, which, as a mother, breaks my heart. I wasn't sure if anyone else has had a similar experience and has any idea of the next step I should take in helping my other beautiful boy, because I can't bear to lose him too.

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.