Houghton Mifflin Trade and Reference DivisionHoughton MifflinHoughton Mifflin Trade and Reference Division
Houghton Mifflin Discussion Forums
Forum Home | Login | Create Account | FAQ | Search

Home » Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Discussion Forums » BEAUTIFUL BOY FORUM: Share Your Stories

Topic: Elvis It's His Birthday!!
Replies: 3   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 9, 2010 7:28 AM by: An addict's Mom

Reply to this Topic Reply to this Topic
Search Forum Search Forum

Go Back Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3
waterdance

Elvis It's His Birthday!!
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 7:41 PM
  Click to reply to this topic Reply

Hello All, Can't help but think of Elvis today.

Gi Gi who use to own the local gas station, store here use to bake a cake for Elvis every year and everyone who came into the store would get a piece of cake with ice cream added. Elvis music would play all day. Gi Gi had a huge collection of Elvis stuff. When I told her I had seen an Elvis show back in 1972 she wanted every little detail. Still have the photograph of me, my 3 kids, two of the kids' friends and the rich guy who wanted to marry me then. There we are in a big plush booth at the International Hotel. John was 15 then and my friend Ned would let him drive his big Lincoln all over Las Vegas. The kids would say for years "Ah you should have married Ned Mom, We could all be basking on the French Riviera right now." Love. Deb

cindykay

Re: Elvis It's His Birthday!!
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 8:07 PM

Deb, basking anywhere would be wonderful right now. I am desperately looking for tulips and crocuses. The cold and snow just won't stop. Tonight I will cuddle in front of the fire with my cat and beagle.

Ann

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 9:05 PM

Hi Deb, I LOVE Elvis! LOL My sister's and I use to go see his movies and we'd just fall in love with him! Now, as far as your rich boyfriend wanting to marry you? I'll bet you are glad you said no. The way you talk about your husband Chuck, tells me he loves you deeply :)
I have dated a few wealthy men, but I knew pretty quick they weren't for me. I just want a good ole down to earth man! LOL
Sunning in the Riviera? I feel like Cindykay, I'd like to be basking anywhere right now, except here!
Love to you,
Ann

An addict's Mom

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 7:28 AM

Amen to basking anywhere warm!!! I woke up to -17 this morning, even the hound didn't want to go out that door after he had his breakfast. Deb, you are an inspiration to me more times than you know. I love your stories, both the reports from teh high desert and that you are willing to share the stories of your life and the pain you have experienced and all that you have learned from it. I am grateful today for each and every person who posts here. I found myself questioning myself for continuing to return to this site. The reality is that even though my son is doing well in recovery, I have been premanently and irrevocably changed by this entire experience. You are the only ones who can understand that. Daily, you are all in my prayers for strength and serenity... Laura

Home | FAQ | Site Map
Privacy Policy | Trademark Information | Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2005 Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.