Terms and Conditions
Official Rules for “Wow in the World: The How and Wow of the Human Body” Pre-order Giveaway and Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. Eligibility: Offer is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company or other companies associated with the Giveaway or Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The giveaway is sponsored by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, 125 High Street, Boston, MA 02110 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: You indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Receiving the giveaway and/or winning the grand prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: Entry Period begins on January 1, 2021 7:00 am Eastern Time (ET) and ends March 1, 2021 11:59pm ET. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway and Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: Fill out the form located here: hmhbooks.com/forms/wow-sweepstakes Only one entry per person for both the Giveaway and Sweepstakes. Additional entries will not be acknowledged. To receive giveaway sticker sheet, you must include a receipt showing your order for Wow in the World: The How and Wow of the Human Body and previous entries for Wow in the World: The How and Wow of the Human Body preorder giveaway using the same receipt number will not be acknowledged.
To enter the sweepstakes for the Grand Prize drawing, no purchase is necessary and no receipt showing a pre-order or order of Wow in the World: The How and Wow of the Human Body is required to be submitted. One sweepstakes winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received by the entry deadline. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Form entries that contain errors, are incomplete, corrupted or illegible will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries from anyone tampering with the form entry process. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
6. Notification and Requirements for Potential Winner(s). Sponsor will notify the Grand Prize winners by email. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winner within three (3) business days of the drawing. If a potential winner does not respond within 24 hours after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining entries received. Only one (1) alternate potential winner will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
7. By providing your e-mail address you consent to future HMH newsletters.
1800 winners: sticker sheets
1 Winner: Wow in the World merchandise including one t-shirt, three masks, and a lunchbox.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $110.00 of USD. The sweepstake winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any Giveaway or Sweepstakes prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Neither a Giveaway nor the Sweepstakes grand prize may be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute giveaway or prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a giveaway or prize with another item of equal or greater value if the giveaway or any part of the grand prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. While supplies last.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway or Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway or Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway or Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway or Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Giveaway and Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway and/or Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway or Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway or Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Boston, MA. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway or Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Boston, MA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Boston, MA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Boston, MA.
13. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to ATTN: Julie Yeater, Trade Marketing, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 125 High St, Boston, MA 02110. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.