Mesmerized by the Moon? Set your sights on a dozen large mind-blowing color photographs of the Moon in all her phases, by day and by night! Plus 24 fascinating mini-features that answer questions like:
· What was the world’s first science fiction film about a trip to the Moon?
· When did the first plant sprout on the Moon?
· How did the Moon inspire the nursery rhyme “Jack and Jill”?
· Why should you be careful about inhaling Moon dust?
· What’s a “magpie bridge,” and how does it involve China’s Moon program?
· Why are the craters on the Moon generally round?
· Where are you most likely to find a “moondog?”
· Besides being women, what do Marie Curie and Sally Ride have in common?
And it wouldn’t be from The Old Farmer’s Almanac if it didn’t tell you the Best Days for everything from planting your garden to canning and pickling the produce from it! Plus . . .
· Moon phases (new, quarters, full), with traditional full-phase names like Full Strawberry Moon explained
· major U.S. and Canadian holidays and celebrations
· solar and lunar eclipses
· previous and next month grids on each month’s calendar page for easy reference
This heavy-paper, super-size (opens to 10-7/8"W x 21-3/4"H) blend of art, science, and folklore makes a great gift and will entrance you and your friends. Includes year-at-a-glance calendars for 2021 and 2022 and a Best Days table for 18 specific home and gardening activities. From the oldest (since 1792!) continuously published periodical in the Western Hemisphere.
Enjoy the wit and wisdom of The Old Farmer’s Almanac with their other beautiful 2021 calendars: Engagement, Weather Watcher’s, Country, Everyday, and Gardening.