Grow the most beautiful and colorful flowers!
You can develop and nurture a flower garden that is delightful to behold and easy to maintain and makes you smile through the seasons with tried-and-true wisdom from The Old Farmer’s Almanac. Whether you don’t know dead heading from dormancy or bonemeal from a bleeding heart or you have a flower-cutting bed that is the envy of local florists, you’ll quickly benefit from the time-saving tips, inspiring ideas, and proven techniques that pack this easy-to-use guide.
Inside you’ll find . . .
• step-by-step guidance on growing more than 30 flowers
• garden planning advice for ease of maintenance and constant color
• plants and shrubs that birds and pollinators love
• native vs. naturalized plants, plus many you might not know
• perennials, biennials, and annuals and how to use each
• prep advice and plants for color-filled containers
• cut-flower care and arranging know-how
• the best flowers to dry and how to do it
• secrets to good soil: testing, texture, pH, and compost
• Latin plant names demystified, plus the language of flowers
• humorous and enlightening anecdotes from fellow gardeners
• pages for recording your plants and observations
• too much more to mention!
Created for novices, aspiring growers, green thumbs, and old hands, The Old Farmer’s Almanac Flower Gardener’s Handbook (companion to the Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook) is loaded with advice and inspiration to guarantee success for every flower garden—and any gardener!